Monday, January 26, 2009

WOW oh WOW!!!

So I have been here going on my third week!!!  It has been a whirldwind!!  I have started traveling a little but to my areas and am getting excited to get out there and help the cancer patients.  I had something incredible happen today!! I fulfilled my first service request which is if a cancer patient needs help and they call the 1800.ACS.2345 and they are not able to fulfill their request it will go to my assigned office asst. and if she can not fulfill it then I have to do my best to fulfill it so ACS can meet that need of the patient.  I was able to give a patient information of 2 hotels in Jackson which give cancer patients reduced rates.  They are having to travel 2 hours to receive chemo treatment.  It was just amazing to make that phone call and tell her that i had information that would help her during this difficult time.  It is going to be those phone calls of I have help for you that are going to make this job.  It is what is going to get me through the difficult times.

I am liking living in Jackson it is so pretty and I am getting adjusted.  I have not quiet adjusted to the fact that I do not have friends here yet.  I have always been so busy at night with church activities, going to dinner with friends or just hanging out with friends so this has almost been culture shock to come home every night and cook dinner and just be here.  I am hoping to get involved with a church.  My first church experience was absolutely horrible!! I went to a HUGE GYNORMOUS church on Sunday it is Pinelake and their "campus" sits on over 100 acres and they have about 5-6000 that attend their sunday services!!  I went and met with the singles minister and am possibly going to go to their next event, a super bowl party and am possibly going to get involved with a women's small group.  They do not have Sunday School they have small groups.  

I have really only been homesick once and it was bad i called my momma and I cried.  I think i miss different things all the time but I was really really homesick.  I think it helps a lot to know that I am coming home a few times for my nephew being born, and for the mission trip soon.  I cannot wait it will be a long drive and exhausting to do for a weekend but so worth it.  I cannot wait to see God's little miracles in Baby Connor, Baby Jackson, and Baby Lilly.  I cannot wait to see all 3 of them and love and hug on them.  I cannot wait to see everyone.  I hope that i will find some great friends in Jackson like I have in Texas.  

I have gotten a new car and am loving it.  It is a 2007 Honda civic and gets the best gas mileage ever!!!!  Tootsie is loving it we have gone to some great parks and am waking up at 5:15 in the mornings to take her on a nice long walk, don't worry we go to the neighborhood right beside us that is lit very well.  

Remember that anyone can come visit, I have a couch and an air mattress.  I would love to show jackson to you!!

Well I guess that that is it for now!! I miss you all and love you even more!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment