Monday, May 9, 2011

It has been awhile!





It has been awhile since I have written!! I have come back from Mexico, have a job, lost 10lbs and have had 2 calls for interviews!!! Mexico was awesome!! It was such a different trip than the others but is was life changing.


Rocks and Sea Glass in Mexico!

Every year that I have been to Mexico has been totally different and there is no way that I can say that one year was my favorite. Every year is uniquely special!!

So yes I do have a job. It is not a career but a job, it is a weekly paycheck. I am working at a daycare! I love kids and especially babies so what a great job! Well yes it is but I have never prayed so much for patience in a single day than when I came to work here. For the most part I am with 15 months to 4yr olds. So it is CRAZY! They are in the stage of pushing buttons, not listening, whining, telling you no, pushing, pinching, more whining and crying! But it seems like when I am just about to scream one of them will come up and give me a little knee hug!! Then that just makes my day. Then on the playground they find rocks (which they are EVERYWHERE) and give to me because they think that they are just so pretty and want me to take home. Even though this is something that I do not want and think I could not do this forever I have thanked God many times to have this opportunity to have this income till something else comes a long.

These are the babies that I got to be with for a few days and loved snuggling with them all!

Paige and Trinity with the AMAZING LEGO TOWER!!


Some of the Rocks in my rock collection that I have been given!

I have also lost 10lbs! Which is very exciting! I am doing weight watchers and am committed to lose 88 total lbs this year. My goal is to reach this 88lb loss by March 1, 2012. So I am down 10 with 78 more to go. I am doing this for ME. No one else! Weight has been a factor in my life since 8th grade when we had to take our height and weight in 8th grade. I will never forget I weighed 107 and thought that was massive and ever since then I can remember weight being an issue. Well what I would not give to weigh 107 lbs!!! Right! It has been a real struggle but I know that I can do this and the only way that I can do this is through the strength that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit give me. I have learned a lot reading the book "Reshaping it All" by Candace Cameron Bure. LOVE IT!! It talks about making yourself physically and spiritually fit. I would have never thought but the 2 totally go with each other and it works so much better to get physically fit if you are spiritually fit. I am not saying that it is easy! I LOVE sleep, french fries, chicken tenders, ice cream, candy, cakes, cookies, pies so all of that is NOT a recipe for losing weight. This is something that will help me love myself which in return people can only love me if I love myself! I am excited about this adventure of becoming the person that God wants me to be.

I got 2 calls today for interviews!! One at the St. Joseph Express Clinic, and one at Messina Hof. Excited to hear back from them!! I had to leave messages but will hopefully have interviews this week. I am STILL waiting to hear from the A&M Qatar job which is such an amazing experience. The chance to go overseas live there and work there as a Health Educator!! HELLO it has Rebecca written all over it!! Well I have written a lot but am attaching some more pics of recent events!!

Andrew having fun at the Pool


One of my favorite spots on my morning walk!



Edward hit 113,000 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment