Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 the year to BLOG!!!





OK! so it is now 2011!!! I cannot believe it! It just seems like yesterday we were ringing in 2000 thinking that all the ATM's were going to explode money and Y2K. I think that 2011 is going to be a great year. First thing in January I am moving back to TEXAS!! I am very excited to get back to my roots and my family. I absolutely love my job with ACS but not the area that I work and I truly missed my family. I never thought it would have been so hard to be that far away. For a girl who only live 45 mins away during college and was home almost every weekend moving 7+ hours away was a stretch.

It was a good 2 year stint and it gave me some experience that will open doors for me. So I am currently looking for jobs in the Bryan/College Station area; so if anyone knows of anything let me know.

New Year's Eve!! was awesome I got to go to a high school friend's wedding. It was not your typical wedding because she is Hindu. It was extremely interesting and a great experience. It was totally different that your typical Baptist Ceremony. The whole thing was about 3 hrs. It started with the groom processional that was the groom in a horse drown carriage with a portable DJ in the back of the truck that was blaring what sounded like club indian music and everyone was dancing like it was 1999!!! As we finally made it to the ballroom where the ceremony was it was little ceremonies all rolled into one. It was definitely interesting. After the wedding I have to leave to get home for my big New Year's afternoon of hanging with Morgan and little Declan and then my big night with Andrew. Andrew is my 9 yr old nephew who is just awesome!! We went to dinner to Buffalo Wild Wings(his choice)and then we went and saw Gulliver's Travels in 3D. It was so much fun and reminded me how excited I am to be back around family.

During this Holiday Season Texas visit I also got to go to Fort Worth and visit with Jeff, Lori, Lilly and Eliana. They are just a sweet family!! I always forget what amazing people Jeff and Lori are till I hang out with them again. I cannot wait to visit more and see those girls grow up.
So I guess my summary is I am very much looking forward to God's plans for me in 2011!! I am hoping that he leads me to a fantabulous job where he can really use me. I am hoping to blog more regularly! For the first day of 2011 I am going to have a great lunch with my family and then go visit the Steele's and then held to the Swigert Ranch in Caldwell to visit other family. Then I will be Jackson Bound tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment