Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blogging.........AGAIN

Ok Friends! I am going to start blogging again! I am the absolute most amazing job EVER. God has blessed me beyond belief with the job that was in the making since October 2004. If you do not know that story it is a long one and I will be more that happy to tell you. I get to come into contact with such amazing people. Cancer Survivors are in a class all to themselves. My job has become more special because recently my mother was diagnosed with Squamos Cell Carcinoma. It is a type of skin cancer that is typically removed and that is the end of the story. That is exactly what happened. My grandmother my MiMi lost her battle with Breast cancer when I was in 3rd grade. I have never had an immediate family member hear those words "You have cancer" that is SCARY! and to think that my life is engulfed in cancer everyday. I work everyday to fight cancer so people do not have to hear those words and yet I could not stop it from my momma hearing those words. She is fine and did not have to have chemo or radiation or anything else but as we were sitting there eating Hot Dogs and she tells me she has cancer my heart dropped. I am very fortunate that my momma is still here. I work with some people that cancer took their momma's from them, and that is what I fight for so that cancer will one day not take mommas from their kiddos. I love my mother and am very thankful that she is here a cancer survivor and all.

My job is insanely stressful especially right now in the middle of Relay For Life season but I get to fight cancer EVERYDAY! I Love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl... Love this blog.... I remember your path to get this job. Truly was a God thing.... Love P

    ReplyDelete